- I’m a professional Turkish translator, born and raised in Turkey and now based in the UK.
- My name is pronounced ‘Jayda’.
- I’ve been learning English from the age of 11.
- I have a degree in chemical engineering and I worked as a sales engineer for three years.
- I also spent a year working in a treehouse hostel.
- I began my translation career by translating a historical romance.
- I’m a member of the Society of Authors.
- I’ve been living and working in the UK since 2009.
- I received the prestigious Peter Newmark award from Prince Michael for translating an extract from an A.S. Byatt story in the Diploma of Translation exam.
- I have a British husband and we are raising bilingual, bicultural children.ral children
Qualifications and Training
- ISO 17100:2015 qualified
- Chartered Linguist
- Level 7 Diploma in Translation (Literature – Distinction, General Text & Social Science – Merit)
- Studying Turkish Language and Literature at Turkish Open University
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (English), Ege University, Izmir, Turkey, 1998 – 2004
- Dedicated to Continuous Professional Development
- Translation of “World Stories” for Kidsout Charity
- TED Talk translator
- Member of Chartered Institute of Linguists
- Member of Institute of Translation and Interpreting
- Member of Society of Authors/Translators Association, UK
Why work with me:
- My in-depth knowledge of the Turkish language means the grammar and syntax in your content will be 100% correct.
- I’ll use a fluent, natural style for all your translations into Turkish.
- I’ll use expressions that are culturally sound and preserve the originality of your source text.
- I’ll make sure your translation is compelling and engaging – but still completely accurate.
- I’ll keep your content in line with instructions, style guides and quality measures. My certifications and awards demonstrate my strong commitment to quality standards.
- Last but not least, I will always deliver on time.